The sales of products via the Internet are governed by the law Legislative Decree n. 185 of 22/05/1999 which regulates the matter of distance contracts, that is, carried out outside commercial premises. This legislation establishes the right of withdrawal, or the possibility for the consumer to return the purchased product and obtain reimbursement of the expense incurred. To exercise the right of withdrawal it is necessary to send, within 10 working days of receipt of the goods, a written communication by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This right is reserved exclusively for natural persons (consumers), therefore it cannot be exercised by legal persons and natural persons acting for purposes related to any professional activity carried out. The only costs required are those for returning the product. The right of withdrawal is totally lost if the returned product is not intact, namely:
- Lack of original packaging;
- Absence of integral elements of the product;
- Damage to the product for reasons other than transport;
- Sealed products opened by the consumer.
Important: In the letter requesting to exercise the right of withdrawal, it is necessary to indicate the relative order number and to indicate the details of a bank or postal current account to carry out the re-credit of the amount due (IBAN). To exercise the right of withdrawal it is necessary that:
- the Customer expresses his will to exercise the right of withdrawal in the manner described above;
- the purchased good is unused, undamaged and returned in its original packaging, complete in all its parts (including any documentation and accessory equipment: manuals, brochures, etc ...);
- the product is returned within the times and in the manner described above. The delivery costs are charged to the customer. It is understood that the risks of transport for the return of the items are fully borne by the consumer.